Do you thrive in exciting yet unpredictable environments? Like working hard but don’t take things too seriously? Want to be a part of growing a dynamic company? Well then… let’s talk.
Cova is a leading provider of end-to-end retail solutions for the legal cannabis industry. You can find our software in over 18,000 stores across North America in many different verticals, and we support customers who have one location and some who have thousands of locations. Our company values center around an entrepreneurial spirit that focuses on speed and agility, innovation, quality and customer service. We support community-building events and worthy causes because we believe in reaching out, taking part and giving back. It’s a big part of who we are.
There are only a few industries per generation where you can jump on board a rocket that is taking off. Legal cannabis is the one for this time in history. Cova is a start-up within a solid, well established software company and we intend to own the market for the operational software running these dispensaries. We have already invested millions of dollars to get ahead of demand as additional states legalize and license new marijuana stores.
Our office is casual, accessible to easy public transportation and parking, and within striking distance of coffee shops, pubs and yes, restaurants. We have stipend toward fitness classes, and a Retirement Planning Program consisting of a matching 401K and/or Employee Share Ownership component. We balance hard work with a commitment to lifestyle, competitive benefits and exciting perks.
Creative Writer & Content Strategist
Vancouver, BC or Denver, CO
We are looking for a talented and driven Content Writer and Campaign Manager to help lead the way in getting the word out to dispensary owners about COVA and our services. If your passion is writing, this is the job for you.
Desired Skills & Accountabilities:
Lead Gen Content (Whitepapers, etc) – 25%
- Collaborate with product marketing, sales, and external influencers and industry experts to produce relevant content that meets the needs of both key stakeholders and our audience. Such as
- Conducting analytical projects to improve blog strategies/tactics.
- Collaborate with prominent members of the company, including executives, to craft and pitch press releases and thought leadership columns.
Lead conversion (Marketing Collaterals such as Brochure, Website, and Case studies) – 20%
- Collaborate with marketing strategist, sales and product team to write product content to drive conversion and close sales. Such as
- Case Studies
Writer & Editors -20%
- Assist with creative writing for our Ad campaigns
- Edit and proofread marketing content and positioning prior to publishing. This includes:
- marketing collaterals such as booklet, leaflet
- website and product content
- pitch decks
- Speaker presentation submissions
- Research & apply for the relevant awards to increase brand and product credibility.
- Write press releases
- Write event and news announcement
Email & Marketing Campaign management: Manage email campaigns & company communication including (20%)
- Company news & communication.
- Email marketing campaigns
- Monthly Newsletter (to promote events, news, and top performing blogs).
- Weekly blogs summary to subscribers.
- Pre & Post event engagement.
- Landing Page Setup Copies
- Being a contact point for event coordinator (logistics, coffee, booth setup)
- Assist with event planning, including working with vendors, event coordinators, and design teams for on-site collateral.
- Event research & analysis
- An excellent writer and editor. Writing is your passion.
- BS degree
- Public relations
- 3+ years in marketing role with similar experience in several of the areas.
- Experience in the legal cannabis industry is an asset.
What Really Matters:
- A lot can be learned or trained, but there are a few things that can’t:
- Strongly self-motivated with a drive to succeed
- Caring about our clients and their customers
- Being able to collaborate with others to ensure that we all succeed together
- Contributor to very highly talented team that has a lot experience busting open new markets
If you are interested in joining our company and are committed to succeeding, please submit your resume, cover letter and sample of your writing. We thank all applicants for their interested, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.